Founded in 2016 by Andrew O’Brien (CEO) and Francesca Hodgson (COO), GoodBox combines 4 crucial elements – hardware, software, payments and big data – to provide a fully integrated technology-based donation solution. GoodBox allows charities to capitalise on how we technologically organise our money today.
Goodbox has funded £6.5M to date, spread over 3 different rounds; pre-seed, seed and equity crowdfunding. The funding was received on the following timescales:
- Pre-seed: November 25th 2016 = £697k
- Seed: November 13th 2017 = £3.2M
- Equity crowdfund: January 28th 2018 = £2.6M
The successful seedrs campaign successfully raised £2,644,420 to enable the company to further grow, with the use of proceeds being as follows:
• Direct box costs &
capex £0.39m (17%)
• Staff costs (including tech team & developers) £0.86m (35%)
• Office, warehouse & distribution costs £0.1m (5%)
• Marketing & PR costs £0.33m (14%)
• R&D costs £0.48m (20%)
• Other costs £0.24m (9%)
Seedrs successful raise was closed on 28th Jan 2018 enabling this company to push forward with a valuation of £8M.